· Switch the focus of CSM activity to engagement in external affairs
· Produce a clear set of media and lobbying strategies to further CSM’s values.
· Develop a policy and advocacy sub-group of the executive committee to plan, produce and communicate CSM policy.
· Redefine ‘Christian issues’ to include poverty, social justice and the environment.
· Take a public stand against the religious right on key issues.
Ensure the Director has the relevant media training and the freedom to respond to and generate media requests.
Welcome to CSM Renewal 2007
Welcome to CSM Renewal 2007. This blog is for members of the Christian Socialist Movement who are interested in renewing and changing CSM. In Proverbs it says: "Where there is no vision the people perish" (Prov 29:18). We fear that CSM is perishing from lack of vision, and we need to renew CSM: - Prayerfully restore CSM’s values and objects to the heart of everything it does; - Actively be the prophetic conscience of the Labour Party and a prophetic voice to the churches; - Boldly take a stand against the religious right and campaign to make poverty, social justice and the environment mainstream Christian issues; - Sustainably ensure CSM’s financial security without accepting sponsorship from organisations that compromise our values; - Immediately make CSM fit for purpose and the organisation more democratic, accountable and Christian. Find out more about our new vision for CSM below, and if you like it sign up to CSM Renewal 2007.